Although you are doing everything to prevent conflicts, you can still have to deal with them. Labour disputes, payment disputes and claims are just a few examples. Naturally, you can resolve minor conflicts yourself, but with the larger it is less simple. Going to court is a large investment of time, money and effort and will not always result in an appropriate solution.
There is an alternative: mediation, a non-judicial form of dispute resolution. Mediation resolves the conflict with the party itself, under guidance of a neutral conflict manager, the mediator. This rapid procedure saves time and prevents excessive costs. Practice shows that almost any dispute has a solution acceptable for both parties. Often they are not able to find that solution by themselves, because they are involved in the conflict.
Two important principles of mediation are: voluntary and confidential. Parties can not be forced to join the mediation process . The participants commit themselves in advance to secrecy. These principles are registered in the Dutch Mediation Institute Regulations.
Benefits of Mediation
- Speed and cost efficiency
- Confidentiality, privacy and informal procedure
- Expert guidance
- Space for creative solutions through an active role of both parties
- No unnecessary damage to relationships
- Joint solutions provide a "high degree of acceptance" and "win-win results";
The impartiality of the mediator is crucial. Our mediator does not judge about the dispute, unlike judges or arbitrators. He will also not take sides. He merely guides the parties towards finding a solution. Any dispute for which you are looking for a solution, you can trust on our mediator.
- Labour disputes (dismissal, no promotion, competition);
- Conflicts between shareholders, directors and employees;
- Rental issues;
- Recovery and payment disputes;
- Supply problems and insurance claims;
- Different interpretations of the content of a contract;
- Succession in a family business.
If you have questions about this subject, please send them to Kees de Boer RA RV.